Gamification is becoming increasingly popular as a learning tool. But whilst there is much talk on the subject, there is also a lot of misunderstanding. The most frequent of these mistakes is the assumption that gamification is about the inclusion of stand-alone games in elearning. It is not. It is about the using gameplay mechanics; that is the construct of rules and rewards that encourage users to explore and learn through the use of feedback mechanisms and awards.
There is …
When creating e-learning content, the main factors we need to consider are the following:
- The platform/portal in which we are going to host it
- The ease of use for students and their engagement
- The relevance of content for learning
- The importance of the subject matter for the final user
- The assessment mechanisms provided to measure learning
- The average time required to perform it
However, there are other secondary factors to which we don’t pay enough attention: one of them is …
In 1986, Eddy Shah founded the UK newspaper Today. For the newspaper industry it was a landmark occasion with new printing techniques and practices changing everything they knew. But the paper’s readers will remember it for one thing – colour printing. Unions argued about it. Critics questioned it. But newspaper publishing was never the same again. New technology had irrevocably changed the whole business.
Over a quarter of a century has passed since those heady days. But change is …